Save My Soul by Zoe Winters

After buying the antebellum home she’s fantasized about since childhood, Anna Worthington discovers Luc, a dangerously seductive incubus who has been trapped in the house by a fifty-year-old curse. To rid herself of her problem house guest she’ll call on a priest, gypsies, ghost hunters, and the coven of witches from lust bunny hell. All she has to do is resist him long enough to break the spell so they can go their separate ways. If she doesn’t, she could die. And that would be the best case scenario.


That is one sexy cover! There is something about an oversized white shirt that is hot. 


I was able to grab this free from iBooks and was ... surprised. I haven’t read a book by Ms Winters before, and was afraid. I've heard of her (of course) by reputation, and I didn’t want to spoil it by reading a book and not liking it. Well I liked it. I didn't love it,  but it was not a disappointment (phew). I guess what was missing for me was actual conflict. Every situation felt overly contrived until the end of the book. Coupled with the fact I didn’t like Anna all that much I lost the "Ooooh, I'm falling into a new story," feeling quite quickly. When I got to the end it made sense why I didn’t like her.


It dragged in the middle. Anna and Luc danced around each other forever... coming closer than shying away with some soppy excuse. Some people do like that extended kind of play between couples (who are so obviously going to get it on). I find it tedious. I mean, she brings in hookers for him to have sex with because she is afraid to commit herself to being with him.

The ending was not satisfying for me, despite the happy couple running around together for a few pages after The Big Showdown, and I was annoyed at the twist. When I finished Save my Soul I had to read another book to give me an ending because it left me unsatisfied. 

The concept was good. The writing impeccable (if a bit bland style wise), and Luc was a very sexy lead male even if he was an ugly demon in true form and killing lots of innocence. It wasn't bad, just not ... great.

3 skulls.

Leave a Reply